This is what you’ll do:
· Able to program, configure, and test applications based on Rockwell MES Platform.
· Perform activities including design specifications, development, testing, implementation, and support. Able to provide guidance and recommendations for system design and to resolve technical issues.
· Perform code reviews and training.
· Deliver highest quality software by creating unit test plan and thoroughly testing code.
· Adept with the tools, applications, and processes used for software development.
· Create technical and project documentations and coordinate technical issues.
· Will apply business rules and concepts, software specifications and designs provided by the technical lead.
· Use various integration tools and common information technology platforms to build robust and rapid development.
· Stays on top of technology, functionality and reusable delivery content to minimize customizations.
· Apply broad systems engineering knowledge related to programming languages for implementing MES applications and corresponding application development environments.
· Assist in the creation and maintenance of technical literature
these are the skills you’ll need:
· Demonstrated expertise in Java programming and development environments including Eclipse.
· Familiarity with common design patterns.
· Knowledge of Object-Oriented Design.
· Knowledge of multi-thread programming, Exception Handling, Logging and Localization.
· Knowledge of relational database management system (RDBMS) packages including SQL Server.
· Knowledge of J2EE Application Servers (I.e. JBoss) to perform installation, configuration and maintenance tasks.
· Proficient in data structures, algorithms.
this is the education and experience you should have:
· College, university, or equivalent degree in Information Technology, Business, Manufacturing, Industrial, Engineering or a related subject required.
· At least 3 years in a software product development environment
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Information Technology
Location: Rivian Assembly Plant and Manufacturing HQ in Normal, Illinois
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.