Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with millions of memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. The Data Science and Engineering (DSE) organization supports Netflix’s data-driven culture across content, marketing, streaming, product, and finance functions.
Who we are:
The Core DSE team is focused on strengthening the entire DSE organization across all business aligned verticals where data processing and engineering exists by providing broadly scoped technical leadership, engineering resourcing, program management and collaborative partnership for driving shared organizational objectives and initiatives as well as identifying and developing best practices, business critical solutions and tooling in support of all data related engineering activities. Our team is a dynamic one, and we are continually evaluating projects and developing solutions that affect hundreds of engineers and hundreds of petabytes of data. Successful candidates will be comfortable both owning some of these projects and advising on others.
Who you are:
You are an engineering professional who puts users first, highly communicative, thrives in diverse and cross-functional teams and possesses a curiosity beyond your own domain of expertise. You will also have opportunities to work on broadly scope solutions to make significant improvements to the quality, coverage and accessibility of our entire data ecosystem in a variety of different ways. Additional qualities about you are:
• You construct code that is understandable, simple, clean and elegant.
• You love freedom and dislike being micromanaged. Given context, you’re capable of self-direction.
• You’re passionate about code quality, data quality and delivering effective data to impact the business.
• Motivated to explore new technologies and learn, and can do so without taking formal education.
What we’re looking for:
We are seeking a talented, highly motivated versatile data engineer who is charismatic, determined, curious, and industrious—not just hardworking—that appreciates freedom and responsibility, has a passion for entertainment and thrives in a fast paced highly technical environment. As a member of this team, you would be at the center of data innovation and solutioning that spans a broad spectrum of the business.
You're a good fit for this role if your strengths include:
• The courage and professional maturity to have principled, evidence-based discussion of multiple approaches to a single challenge.
• A product mindset, in which engineering costs are measured against the benefits to our partners.
• Balancing the benefits of building new solutions versus adding challenging and complex features to existing solutions.