Karius is a venture-backed life science startup focused on transforming the way infectious diseases are diagnosed. Combining Next-Generation Sequencing and proprietary data analysis, we can identify over 1,000 pathogens from a single blood sample with typical turnaround time in one business day. By unlocking the information present in microbial cell-free DNA, we're helping doctors quickly solve their most challenging cases, with a future vision of accelerating clinical trials, discovering new microbes, and reducing patient suffering worldwide.
Karius is on a mission to help clinicians do more for their patients by bringing the genomic revolution to infectious disease diagnosis. The Customer Success Representative is responsible for providing top notch support to all of Karius customers including physicians, laboratory personnel, and hospital administrators as well as providing support to field sales team members.
Reports to Sr. Director, Customer Success
Location Redwood City, CA
· Provide high quality support via phone, email, and help tickets for any inbound customer requests
· Communicate with laboratory personnel and physicians to obtain necessary information regarding samples processed by Karius and provide status updates
· Liaise with Medical Affairs team for escalations regarding Karius test results
· Liaise with production laboratory personnel regarding sample processing and reporting issues
· Liaise with Sales and Business Development teams to provide support for customer needs
Travel: No travel required
Subject to extended periods of sitting and/or standing, vision to monitor and moderate noise levels. Work is generally performed in an office, lab or clinical environment.
· Bachelor’s or higher degree in Biological Sciences, preferred
· 3+ years of customer support/service experience in healthcare or related industry - telephone-based support experience, required
· Experience working with hospital laboratories and clinicians, preferred
· Experience with ticketing systems (Zendesk) and SalesForce, preferred
· Ability to work from 7 AM to 4 PM, Mon-Fri
· Ability to handle customer contacts in a professional and knowledgeable manner
· Ability to work independently
· Excellence in the handling of Personal Health Information (PHI)
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Basic Office and GSuite skills