About the Position
We’re in search of a Policy Analyst to act as a client advocate and an extension of our EU team. Our Policy Analysts are curious, creative, and self-motivated. In this role you will work with clients as a critical participant in their FiscalNote experience. Actively anticipating both internal and external needs, our Policy Analysts proactively seek and create solutions before problems arise. Born wonks, they stay on top of the latest legislative trends to help produce compelling thought leadership. Capable of thinking through virtually any critical issue, Policy Analysts seamlessly adapt to any situation they confront.
About Professional Services at FiscalNote Europe
Committed to helping clients achieve more through better information and analysis, the Professional Services team takes on projects that provide clients with deliverables and support that enable our clients to work smarter. Understanding the needs of clients, our team works with Business Development and Account Management to create tailored projects that complement our cutting-edge products. We are dynamic, hard-working, and driven individuals who thrive in an open team structure where there are constant learning opportunities and room for growth.
You are self-motivated, energetic and driven. You enjoy exploring the political and policy world of the European Union and the Member States from a multitude of perspectives. A born communicator, you are able to synthesise information and communicate it to a diverse audience. You do not like to limit yourself to your current skill set and are constantly sniffing out greater opportunities to grow. A team player, willing and enthusiastic to pitch in wherever necessary to support both clients and the company. You can comfortably navigate the worlds of both technology and policy. You prefer data-driven insights rather than anecdotal evidence to reach your conclusions and are comfortable talking data, tech and current events.
Success In This Role Includes:
- Actively collaborate across many teams
- Analyse and synthesize legislation and policy at the EU, Member State, and local levels for clients
- Deliver written analysis and professional communication to clients ranging from Analyst to Executive levels
- Use and analyse data to understand, interpret, visualize quantitative research and insights
- Manage and execute on multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail, while meeting tight deadlines
- Help to create and scope tailored solutions to pair with the FiscalNote product suiteJoin client calls and meetings to support the sales of professional services products
- Own the functional aspects of client projects including, documentation of requirements and timeline, communication with clients on status, and delivery of work product
- Become an expert in our current products and solutions while contributing to the development of new technical and professional services products
- Communicate client and product-related feedback to product, engineering and sales teams
What Sets You Apart:
- Masters degree in Political Science, Law, Economics or a related discipline
- Thorough knowledge of the EU decision-making process
- 1-2 years of relevant professional experience in research, government, and/or consulting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional organization and time-management skills
- A proven track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Policy experience of working/understanding multiple levels of government on behalf of clients
- Experience analysing data and conveying concise targeted insights
- Strong independent research skills and the ability to learn quickly
- Professional English (C1 minimum)
- German and/or Dutch proficiency (Preferred)
- Ability to use data visualisation tools to produce dashboards and other interactive visualizations for client organizations (Preferred)
About FiscalNote Europe
FiscalNote Europe is a leading EU monitoring and intelligence service. Our EU Issue Tracker service provides comprehensive regulatory intelligence, combining cutting-edge technology with human analysis from our team in Brussels. We are excited by the creative experience of problem-solving. We are driven to discover the structure and meaning in information. We are obsessive about being complete and systematic. And we are uncompromising on quality in our service.
FiscalNote is a technology-powered global software data and media company that uses powerful machine learning to provide clients with the right policy information and insights, at the right time, so that they can better navigate market risk and uncertainty and maximize new opportunities.
As the premier hub of domestic and global information for more than 5,000 clients worldwide, FiscalNote's tools, analysis, news and award-winning journalism deliver context, clarity and a competitive edge in a rapidly changing world.