THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Push the limits – You will be the spearhead of electrical architectures; driving current and upcoming vehicle platforms for Rivian.
Breakdown Problems – You will break down functions and features to their core components and work with teams to build them into unified solutions.
Optimize solutions – Balancing competing requirements, you will work in a cross functional teams , driving and representing electrical functions in vehicle architectural discussions and decisions for upcoming Rivian vehicle platforms.
Describe how things work – you will work cross functionally to drive and decompose requirements from product requirements down to component level requirements.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· High EQ and the ability to collaborate to with others.
· Ability to pick up and drive direction
· Ability to dive deep into first principles to reach a solution
· Deep technical understanding of transportation functional distribution
· Deep technical understanding of mass weight power balancing across a vehicle
· High technical competence in electrical engineering
· Strong Creative thinking and problem solving toolbox.
· 10+ years of experience working in systems or electronics
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Electrical Engineering
Location: Irvine or San Jose
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.