Are you a strong financial analyst with an interest in building a world-class payments system for one of Europe’s fastest growing tech companies? If this sounds like you, then we’d love to talk!
Wolt is a Finnish technology company and we’re best known for our food delivery platform. On our mobile app or website, customers can order their favorite meals from our restaurant partners, and either pick their order up or have it delivered by our courier partners.
Just 2 years ago, Wolt operated in 4 countries and 10 cities across the Nordics. Fast forward to today, we’re in 21 countries and over 80 cities across EMEA, servicing over 4M registered users.
Fluid payments is one of the core features in our products, so it’s imperative that we continue to seamlessly process the transactions between customer orders and payments to restaurants and courier partners.
As we have scaled so exponentially in the past two years, it has brought with it many new complexities to simplify from a payments perspective. And it’s not just our growth to contend with - there are also rapid changes in the payment provider landscape, regulation and user experience possibilities.
The world of payments is all about security, reliability, risk and fraud management, compliance, cost and reporting. Moving money is serious business but the act of paying should be so effortless and secure, that paying is actually fun. Our ambitions are to develop an unrivalled user experience on this front, but we need to ensure we’re balancing that with sound financial reasoning. That’s where the Finance Manager - Payments comes in.
What You'll Be Doing
You’ll be part of our Finance & Legal team and will report directly to the CFO. However, you’ll also form a strong partnership with the Payments Product Lead, and you’ll share responsibility for developing a payment strategy to support build vs buy decisions.
The goal is to find the right balance between cost optimization, platform uptime and stability, and delivering amazing user experiences. You’ll be specifically tasked with owning the payments related P&L and you’ll be the analytical expert that:
• Challenges and identifies opportunities to optimise payment processing costs, approval rates, detecting fraud/abuse rates, and the general payments mix.
• Leads on strategically developing and managing vendor partnerships and negotiations to ensure YoY cost savings.
• Tackles the payments-related compliance challenges and keeps on top of regulatory changes, while also ensuring that this remains at the top of all internal team’s agendas. This could be anything from PCI compliance requirements, the transition to PSD2, local processing requirements, and supporting KYC process with new vendors.
Skills & Experience Required
We’re looking for someone that has the desire and ability to push a world-class payment product. This breaks down to:
• Broad and deep understanding of the payments and ecommerce platforms landscape.
• Relationship building and negotiation skills with both third party providers (PSPs, acquirers, QSAs, etc) and internal stakeholders.
• Highly skilled collaborator with great communication skills.
• A background in consulting or auditing, or specific Financial Planning & Analyst experience from the tech industry.
• Prior P&L management is an advantage, but not essential.
• Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
• The ability to be deeply analytical, super structured and very hands on.
If you are excited about working in a high-growth environment, taking ownership, and being part of an extremely ambitious team, then click below to apply and get the conversation going!
Along with a competitive salary, potential bonus and benefits, you will also be eligible for our stock option plan.
If you have any further questions about the position, you can turn to:
Shaun Rudden, Talent Acquisition Manager - email@example.com
Wolt is currently active in 21 countries and more than 80 cities, servicing over 4 million customers. Our apps (iOS and Android) have the industry’s highest reviews, largely because of our customer-centric approach to how we build our products and operations. For example, our customer service team responds in a matter of seconds, in the customer’s own language.
We’ve raised more than €150M in financing from renowned U.S. and European based investors, such as ICONIQ Capital, 83North, EQT Ventures and Highland Europe. We've also been fortunate enough to receive some appreciation and recognition for our hard work along the way: Apple selected Wolt’s app as their Editors' Choice, Wired named the company one of the "Hottest Startups in Europe," Forbes included our CEO Miki Kuusi on its 30-under-30 in Consumer Tech list, and the Nordic Startup Awards named Wolt Company of the Year.
In 2020, the Financial Times named us Europe’s second fastest growing company. We’re still expanding rapidly and are looking for more talented individuals to join us. If you are passionate about cutting-edge technology, great food, and making an impact in your city, then Wolt just might be for you.