SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER - Java/Python/Clojure
(US Citizenship Req’d)
BigBear, Inc. currently has an immediate opportunity for a talented and passionate Senior Software Engineer to build high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. You will be responsible for server-side application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing. You and the rest of the team will collaborate directly with customers to ensure our products meet and exceed operational requirements. The successful candidate will be a self-starter that demonstrates excellent communication and problem-solving skills with a focus on customer service. This will be onsite at our office in La Jolla/UTC. For the foreseeable future however, we are working remotely due to Covid-19 for the safety of our team members.
- 7+ YEARS of professional/paid experience MINIMUM required with one or more of the following languages: Java / Python / Clojure
- Strong knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming and Design
- Strong communication and leadership skills
- Experience with database technologies and CRUD concepts
- Experience with software build processes and tools (e.g. Maven, Git, Gradle)
- Experience with shell scripting (e.g. bash, Python)
- Experience with the Linux/Unix environment.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- US Citizenship required. Selected candidate must be able to pass a background check to obtain a security clearance.
PREFERRED SKILLS (BONUS):
- Experience with Clojure
- Experience with functional programming concepts and techniques
- Experience with unit (e.g. JUnit), integration, and acceptance testing
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with RESTful service architectures
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with container-based software deployment (e.g. Java EE, Tomcat, SpringXD, Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience with developing and deploying software in a distributed/cloud computing environment
- Experience with performance tuning
- Collaborate with Project Manager and engineering to implement innovative solutions
- Design and develop high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Write well-designed, testable, and efficient code
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Perform demonstrations and briefings to customers to ensure program success
- Perform system monitoring, optimization, and high-performance tuning
- Perform requirements analysis, system design, and draft technical documentation
- Participate in research and development for system engineering and product advancement
- Provide off-hours support in rare circumstances
BigBear, Inc. is a software development company with locations in San Diego, Washington DC, Charlottesville, and Reston, VA. Our mission is to enable big data computing and analytics for our customers at a low cost. We leverage capabilities such as machine learning, crowdsourcing, geospatial image processing, and Extract-Transform-Load (ETL) data processing using our on-premise cloud computing technology stack. Our solutions provide a unique offering of products, custom-built software, and services focused within Big Data Analytics, Geospatial Information Systems (GIS), Visualization and Cloud Computing to our Department of Defense, and Commercial customers. We currently have exciting and challenging career opportunities for talented, motivated individuals who want to be part of a fast-growing company.
We like to play with new toys and technologies. We like to break things to see if we can put them back together again in a better way. Our tails wag when we hear the words Big Data, Geospatial or Machine Learning. Each team member provides a unique set of advanced technical skills and trade that contributes to our overall success.
· 100% employer-paid for Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance (PPO)
· A competitive salary based on experience
· Flexible Spending Account (FSA) - optional
· 401(k) with dollar-for-dollar match up to 6%
· A warm, cozy office with actual chairs and tables
· Life and Disability Insurance 100% paid for by the company
· Education Assistance
· 529 College Savings Plan - optional
· Healthy Rewards Program
· Pre-paid Legal & Identity Theft Protection - optional
· Gym Reimbursement
· Pet Insurance - optional
· A shiny magical machine that does wonderful things
· Flexible Hours
· Unlimited Coffee, Drinks and Snacks
· 6 WEEKS of Paid Time Off (PTO) on top of 11 Paid Holidays!
BigBear is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled