THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
Be the go-to team for electrical build and test support. Vehicle and system level experts capable of designing, building and troubleshooting. Deliver engineering resources to help develop, vet systems and projects. Have the tactical ability to be deployed, leverage assets to solve problems quickly, and move on to the next project.
· Develop a highly skilled team of engineers and technicians to support initial vehicle builds and system commissioning for multiple vehicle programs, through different
· Work closely with electrical/harness/software engineers to understand the vehicle and develop commissioning plans and track readiness progress
· Solve Problems - Deploy your engineering and technician team to build locations to support initial system power on and root-cause development and build issues.
· Work creatively cross functionally – you will need to be able to work with all vehicle engineering teams to resolve issues during the build process
· Report back issues and actions in detail back to the engineering team to fix and resolve issues
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
· High EQ and the ability to collaborate to with others.
· Deep understanding of electrical signals, CAN, LIN, Ethernet
· Ability to use CAN, ethernet, and LIN analysis tools
· Ability to read through vehicle and component schematics, datasheets, and communication architecture
· Self-Starter, able to lead creatively through the difficulties of vehicle commissioning.
· Ability to rework harnesses and understand vehicle assembly
· Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 50%
· 10+ years of experience working in vehicle systems
· Deep working knowledge of vehicle electrical systems
· BS+ in Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Electrical Engineering
Location: Irvine or San Jose
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.