We are looking for a talented Back-End Engineer to supercharge the tech powering our startup, Entale.
Entale is an innovative new platform for publishing and consuming enhanced, interactive, visual podcasts.
Our app makes it possible to indulge your curiosity while listening to podcasts, by adding pictures, links, maps and other relevant content to engage with or save for later. It has been featured by Apple as the number 1 podcast listening app, and recently won a Webby Award for Best Visual Design.
Our mission is to bring this immersive experience to all spoken word audio. To do that we're using Natural Language Processing and Entity Recognition technologies to automate the detection of relevant, interactive content.
You'll be responsible for the range of back-end services that power our mobile and web apps: our search and recommendation system, content editor, admin panel, and the AI-powered content-generation system that makes Entale unique.
As our Back-End Engineer you will be responsible for:
* Contributing directly with hands-on development, as well as providing guidance to other engineers on the team on how best to structure interfacing work
* Contributing to all aspects of engineering including technical strategy, and implementing best practices & technology stacks
* Informing and making key decisions on technical back-end architectures
* 3-4 years experience as a software engineer
* A track record of delivering well-engineered products that delight users
Experience of a diverse set of full stack technologies that Entale is built in.
Our stack includes:
- AWS services (ECS, Lambda, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch service, CloudFront, S3)
- Terraform for infrastructure provisioning
- Data fetching using GraphQL
- Realm and Realm Cloud
* Knowledge of a range of current cross-platform product development frameworks.
* Be well-organised, able to manage time effectively, and comfortable working across multiple work streams concurrently
* Enthusiastic about working closely with product managers & designers to define the product
Passionate about creating a business and a culture that promotes innovation and excellence
Nice to have
Knowledge of React and Redux
Previous experience in a lean startup or similar fast-paced environment.
Passionate about podcasts
We are a fast-growing startup with a small, dynamic team and a lot of momentum. In 2019 we won a Webby, been awarded a Google DNI grant, raised our latest funding round and we're just getting started! Based in High Street Kensington amongst other startups in the Founders Factory offices, we have a host of Slack channels, beer fridge, regular team lunches and lots of quiet working spaces for breakout and brainstorming.
The Entale Product Development team is the core of our startup and comprises engineers, product designer & product lead working together to build out the Entale platform.