THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- The focus of this role is the engineering community specifically DREs as well as functions e.g. purchasing, manufacturing, etc that are users of the PLM system.
- Work with the PMO team to create documentation and technical bulletins for Engineering on subjects including but not limited to PLM functionality, Product Data Management and CAD Standards plus other topics as they arise for use in training and communication
- Deliver training for DREs and other personnel on solutions as new functionality is ready for end users
- Coordinate all PMO technical training efforts across Rivian, inputting into design, delivery and communication of learning content
- Create online and classroom PLM specific materials, by the target audience, focused on new technical business process and procedures
- Work with communication lead and SMEs to communicate information
- Ensure regular reviews are in place such that every team within PMO understands priorities and what technical training is required to deliver program solutions
- Identify and drive improvements that will make the orientation, onboarding and the training process for Engineers more efficient, reliable, and effective
- Support the tracking and management of training attendance including invitations, acceptance (on and offsite), participation, quality and where possible, effectiveness with Training Analyst
- Support coordination of scheduling of rooms and trainers for sessions at all Rivian Locations for PLM technical specific training
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Relevant OEM or Tier 1 automotive training experience preferred
- Experience with developing training materials for technical solution roll out and implementation specifically.
- Experience with an LMS platform and e-learning authoring tools.
- PLM tools including Dassault systems e.g. Enovia and Catia or similar PLM tool sets
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of training, facilitation and knowledge dissemination and create materials accordingly
- Master’s in business administration preferred but not essential
- A background in program and process design, specifically creation of process implementation training to support tool roll out and end user usage
- Understanding of adult leaning theory and ways to engage personnel across multiple locations, with an ability to design and implement using numerous mediums for varied audience types
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple requirements simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Prioritization / self-management – with a high volume of projects and activities, the individual must be able to analyze impact and effort to appropriately prioritize workloads
- Experienced in Organizational Change Management and key factors to ensure buy in to new work methods and processes
- Self-starter, experienced in coordinating training activities, working cross functionally with a “team-first” oriented mindset. Ability to be effective in conventional and unconventional structures (e.g. matrix/networked team)
- The ability to step outside your comfort zone, explore new ideas, a curious mind and penchant for always asking “Why?”
- Constant desire to learn and challenge both yourself and others to find the best solution; not afraid of failure
- Customer service attitude – the ability to build relationships and communicate with all end users in a professional, positive and approachable manner, including explanation of technical issues in a non-technical manner
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to convey order and understanding to a changing environment
- PC literate and at ease with O365 products, with a high proficiency in using Excel functions and Tableau
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We operate development centers in Plymouth, MI, Irvine CA and San Jose, CA, and Surrey, England, as well as a manufacturing facility in Normal, Illinois.