Hayden AI has developed an AI-powered data platform for smart and safe city applications. We partner with cities around the world to deploy our vision-based mobile solution in a city’s existing transportation fleet to collect real-time data for the enforcement of traffic laws and other data services. We generate insights that help improve traffic safety, eliminate traffic fatalities, and encourage transportation efficiency.
As a core member of our fullstack team, you will be responsible for designing and implementing scalable, secure and high performance cloud-based web applications with both frontend and backend with an emphasis on backend. You will need to make critical architectural decisions with appropriate trade-offs and deliver the implementation with velocity and quality. You will also design and develop highly secure REST APIs and take care of the integration with both internal or external applications or services.
• Expert knowledge of computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
• 8+ years software engineering roles with a track record of successful delivery of production quality web services at large scale
• Strong experience working with cloud services - AWS/Azure/GCP, through container solutions such as Dockers and Kubernetes
• Strong experience with developing and integrating with highly secure REST APIsExperience working with all layers of typical monolithic architecture such as databases, memory caches, message queues etc.
• Experience with using web application platforms such as Ruby-on-Rails and React JS to build interactive single-page Web Applications
• Absolutely fanatical about performance, automation and instrumentation. Ability to decompose complex distributed systems and quickly pinpoint issues. Experience with TDD, devOPS, CI/CD etc.
• Strong team player with grit and integrity
• Prior start-up experienceExperience with using DeepLearning Frameworks such as PyTorch or TensorFlow to run large scale (batched) data processing pipelines in the cloud
• Experience with CUDA or GPU architectures
• Experience with Go or the ability to quickly pick up Go
• Experience with Geo-spatial databases such as PostgreSQL
• Experience architecting backend for (mobile) IoT devices
• Experience with developing and running microservices
• You also love being part of a tight-knit team and recognize the value of collaboration and creative thinking
• Prior start-up experience
• Competitive salaries, generous equity, and benefits including 401K, medical, dental & vision
• Start-up environment where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
• Regularly scheduled on and off-site team building activities
• Sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment
• Free catered lunches, snacks, and drinks
• Learning and development opportunities from a highly diverse and talented peer group, including experts in a wide range of fields
• Be at ground zero of the smart city revolution!
Hayden AI is committed to being a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment.